Schaeffer #137 Diesel Treat 2000 Ultra Low Sulfur
Diesel Treat 2000 Ultra Low Sulfur is a multi-functional, ashless, all season fuel additive that is specially formulated for use with all types of diesel fuel, especially low sulfur and ultra low sulfur diesel fuels. It contains a highly concentrated multi-functional additive package which allows the product to provide the following performance benefits when used at the recommended treatment ratio:
- Improvement of the fuels cetane rating up to four points
- Easier cold weather starting
- Reduced misfiring at lower air inlet temperatures
- Faster warm-up
- Superior Cummins L-10 Injector Depositing Test and Cummins N-14 Injector Corrosion Test Performance
- Detergency to provide cleanliness throughout the entire fuel system
- Clean up and keep clean performance for the entire fuel system
- Dispersion of insoluble gums and varnish present in low quality fuels
- Excellent deposit control for light duty and medium duty indirect injected diesel engines
- Improved combustion of the fuel by completely vaporizing the fuel into smaller particles, thus providing better fuel economy and preventing a significant loss in engine power
- Improved fuel economy
- Modification of existing injector deposits, allowing for their removal and safe passage into the combustion chamber where they can be burned
- Reduced emissions, exhaust smoke and particulates
- A reduction in black smoke
- Excellent anti-wear protection for injectors and fuel pumps, especially for those engines burning low sulfur diesel fuel
- Supplemental ring and valve-train anti-wear protection
- Lubrication of the upper cylinders, fuel pumps and injectors
- Increased thermal stability to the diesel fuel in order to provide the ability to resist thermal degradation
- Inhibition of oxidation during storage
- Extended storage stability
- Helps control the acidic by-products produced by the combustion of diesel fuel
- Rust and corrosion protection to the entire fuel system
- Allows moisture to be rapidly separated from the fuel
- Dispersion of water present in diesel fuel in order to prevent fuel icing and other problems associated with water
- Helps control the conditions that lead to foul smelling, stringiness and plugged filters
- Prevention of the formation of stable fuel-water emulsions
Today's diesel powered vehicles feature low emission engines that are more susceptible than ever to diesel ful related wear. Diesel engine designs are employing the use of higher fuel injection pressures, hotter fuel return temperatures, higher operating temperatures and complex engine geometry to control emissions. All of these factors result in increased fuel system wear and can shorten engine life.
With the mandate by the United States EPA to reduce the sulfur content of on-highway and off-highway diesel fuels to control emissions, this has resulted in the elimination of certain naturally occurring polar compounds that aid in protection of the fuel system afrom wear by forming a protective layer on the metal surfaces of the fuel injection system. The increased use of the hydrtreating and hydrocracking refining processes to reduce the sulfur content of the diesel fuel in order to meet the mandated the ultra low sulfur diesel fuel specification of 15ppm causes these naturally occurring polar compounds to become either chemically altered or completely removed, thus resulting in increased engine and fuel system wear.
To protect today's diesel engines from fuel system related wear, Schaeffer Mfg has further blended into the Diesel Treat 2000 Ultra Low Sulfur is a proprietary lubricit additive called Synshield. Synshield is one of the few lubricity additives that not only surpasses industry standards for diesel fuel lubricity but also exceeds the EPA's new standard by being the only lubricity additive that does not contain sulfur or sulfer containing compounds. Synshield prevents fuel system wear and injector scoring by forming a protective layer on the metal surfaces of the fuel system and injectors that provide boundary lubrication between metallic parts in critical fuel system components. This protective boundary lubrication film not only reduces friction and wear between the fuel system surfaces that are in relative motion but alos increases fuel system component life, thus leading to less downtime and increased longer equipment life.
One pint of Diesel Treat 2000 Ultra Low Sulfur to every 125 gallons of diesel fuel.