Schaeffer #239S Super Lube Supreme
Super Lube Supreme is a premium high performance para-synthetic fluid that is specially formulated to meet the demanding requirements of modern transmission, final drive, oil immersed brake and hydraulic systems of front end loaders, haul trucks, dozers and other heavy duty off-road equipment to the construction and mining industries. Super Lube Supreme is specially formulated and engineered to meet and exceed the rigorous specifications of Caterpillar's TO-4 specification as well as the Allison C-4 requirements for transmission and drive train fluids.
Today's drive-trains and more complex in design and are using more advanced high-tech materials to improve power transfer and performance capabilities of heavy-duty earth moving equipment in terms of load, speed, control, precision and reliability. As a result of these complex designs the equipment requires the use of fluids that are formulated specifically to optimize friction control performance, wear protection, materials compatibility thermal and oxidation stabiltiy, shear stability, protection against foaming and rust and corrosion protection. Because of these aspects the lubricants that are used in this application must be specially formulated to meet and exceed these requirements in order to provide balanced clutch-friction retention and slippage control, compatibility with clutch materials and elastomers, increased levels of anti-wear and load carrying capability to reduce gear, bearing and pump wear, oxidative stability to prevent the formation of sludge and deposit formation, shear stability to maintain viscosity grade and film thickness protection and protection against foaming.
These requirements are the driving force behind Caterpillar TO-4 specification and other major OEM requirements, which outline performance requirements on elastomer seal compatibility, oxidation stability, wear performance and friction properties for fluids that are used in their equipment's powershift transmissions, final drives and hydraulic systems. These requirements and specifications are aimed at improving the performance over that of automatice transmission fluids, universal tractor transmission hydraulic fluids and CD/TO-2 fluids that were previously used in these applications.
Super Lube Supreme is blended from the finest severely hydro-treated polyalphaolefin synthetic base fluids and severely solvent refined, severely hydrofinished 100% pure paraffin base oils available. This unique combination provides Super Lube Supreme with superior oxidation, excellent film strength, excellent thermal and oxidation stability, excellent resistance to thermal degradation and lower volatility characteristics.
Blended into these para-synthetic base fluids is a very specialized non-corrosive high performance additive system that provides excellent wear protection and material compatibility while maximizing equipment life. This specialized high tech additive package allows the Super Lube Supreme to provide the following performance benefits:
Balance and controlled static and dynamic friction performance to provide optimized clutch friction retention and slippage control. This results in the elimination of problems with excessive brake noise and weakening of friction binders thereby assisting in longer trouble free equipment life.
Elimination of clutch slippage even under heavy loads on an incline
Elimination of the need to constantly adjust equipment in order to maintain a proper clutch setting
- Excellent oxidative and thermal stability in order to prevent and eliminate the formation of sludge and varnish that can damage seals and elastomeric clutch materials
- Excellent wear protection for gears, bearings and friction materials
- Excellent compatibility with all types of seal and elastomeric materials commonly used in power-shift transmissions
- Excellent stay-in-grade performance and shear stability in order to provide long term anti-wear protection and sustained applied pressure. Super Lube Supreme does not contain viscosity index improvers.
- Superior protection against copper corrosion and rusting of ferrous metal parts
- Very good low temperature fluidity in order to provide easier cold weather starting and better weak protection under low temperature operating conditions
- Excellent hydraulic protection to provide superior anti-wear protection to high pressure hydraulic systems
- Excellent protection against foaming even with water contamination. This ensures that no air can become entrained into the fluid that could lead to metal-to-meatl contact and wear.
- Longer drain intervals
- Longer equipment life and reduced rist of premature component failure
- Less downtime and longer trouble-free equipment life and operation
Further blended into the para-synthetic base oils and the highly specialized additive package is MicronMoly. MicronMoly is a liquid soluble type of moly that plated itself to the metal surfaces of the various components, thus forming a solid lubricant film that is able to withstand pressures up to 500,000 pounds per square inch. This translates into better wear protection for the metallic componenets of the power-shift transmission and for the hydraulic system, thus extending operating life and providing an extra margin of safety for service.
This oil is specially formulated for use in power-shift transmissions. Do not use in diesel engines. Shortened engine life could result due to heavy piston deposits.